Roots, Toots n' Hoots Archive
- Juneteenth and country music
- For Lady A, there's a lot in a name
- George Floyd and songs for the times
- Dixie Chicks, Beyonce and the CMAs: "Daddy Lesson" rules
- The 50th CMAs: blow by blow
- The 50th Country Music Association Awards: thoughts and predictions
- The Strait truth of keeping up with Jones
- RIP Guy Clark
- The Billboard charts, they are a-changin'
- Prince and staying true to roots
- At the ACMs, it's all about Stapleton
- The 51st Annual Academy of Country Music Awards - blow by blow
- ACM awards: the not so fine art of prognostication
- Next Women of Country, Nettles and sexuality
- RIP Glenn Frey
- David Bowie and country music?
- The joy of 2015
- Maddie & Tae ace the test
- For The Band Perry, the times they have changed
- More bad news on the marital front
- The country music festival scene
- The annual spectacle of the CMA Music Fest
- Women in country or the lack thereof, part two
- Females at country radio: put women in
- Can Paisley, Avetts thrown down the gauntlet to the Stones?
- AMA nominations: tough choices
- Does Reba really have be "Going Out Like That"?
- Just how far has country changed?
- The ACMs, a little old, a little new
- ACMs: the lowdown on awards
- Academy of Country Music countdown
- ACM Awards: And the Entertainer of the Year should go to...
- ACM New Artist of the Year - what if no one won?
- Most, least interesting category - ACMs Duo of the Year
- Tyler and staying true to your roots
- "Girl Crush": a misplaced controversy
- The authenticity - or not - of Sam Hunt
- The Grammys offer a night to remember
- Surprise surprise - the ACM nominations
- Boehner can't shake off Swift
- Long wait for McEntire is over
- Being an outsider works wonders for Church
- RIP Little Jimmy Dickens
- Garth Brooks, point made
- Swift is, understandably, a no show
- The CMAs
- Putting the Spot(ify) on Taylor Swift
- Reba prays for peace
- Kickstarting Country Standard Time to Nashville
- Can Brooks keep us jumping?
- Taylor Swift, the optimist
- Garth Brooks comeback must go elsewhere
- Thanks Brad Paisley for "Accidental Racist"
- Congrats Cowboy Jack Clement, Bobby Bare, Kenny Rogers
- The ACMs: the view from here
- RIP Mindy McCready
- About those Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood rumors
- Taylor Swift, the Grammys and that British accent
- The Grammys, country style
- For Ronnie Dunn, honesty may be the best policy
- Don't do it Brad
- Thank God for Kitty Wells
- Hank Jr. puts ignorance on display
- Knocking Luke Bryan and Anthem gig - much ado about nothing
- iHeartRadio Music Festival opens ears
- Crossing over is a good thing
- More thoughts on country music and homosexuality
- Underwood speaks from the heart, to her credit
- The Brooklyn head scratcher and Lee Greenwood
- A successful CMA Music Festival
- CMT does it well
- Is American Idol the answer?
- Looking back with Lady Antebellum
- Eric Church tells it like (some of it) is
- Country's renaissance man strikes yet again
- RIP Levon Helm
- RIP Dick Clark
- Calling out Kutcher
- Great job, Ashton Kutcher (not)
- Martina McBride, the wedding planner :*(
- Academy of Country Music play by play
- Academy of Country Music Awards prognostications
- RIP Earl Scruggs - the Babe Ruth of banjo
- Lionel Richie, country artist?
- Taylor Swift and the tough art of making money
- What do Elvis, Sugarland have in common?
- Man up, Blake
- Do problems loom for Jason Aldean?
- Carrie Underwood rings true (with some)
- Carrie Underwood doesn't ring true
- An expectedly great night for strange bedfellows
- Linda Chorney takes her shot at a Grammy
- Keep the country coming
- Eric Church finds great ticket sales aren't always so great
- ACMs takes its turn
- Hey Robert Earl Keen: keep the cheap shots out
- Kathy Mattea stays true
- With Jessie James and country, everything goes
- Gingrich, Strait, McBride and country music in campaigns
- Sugarland tragedy breeds stupidity
- Thanks for the greetings
- Does Tim McGraw have faith?
- Yes we did know you are David Nail
- So good the first time...
- American Country Awards: the lack of excitement continues
- Underwood announced for CMA Music Fest, but why now?
- Few surprises at the CMAs
- Luke Bryan, New Artist award?
- And the CMA Entertainer of the Year should be...
- Toby Keith: isn't he rich?
- Vince Gill ages well
- A decade later, Alan Jackson looks back
- CMA New Artist Award: a real headscratcher
- Strait keeps dancing with the right one
- A special night of music from six songwriters, including one named Chesney
- An easy decision for Kenny Chesney
- Condolances to Sugarland, Indiana
- Marshall Grant will be missed
- A special night honors the Man in Black
- Something old, something new at Newport Folk Festival, and all really good
- Pistol Annies: a new direction in country?
- Getting to appreciate Glen Campbell
- Sugarland's Bush takes a day off with records
- The expected return of Shania Twain
- Winning American Idol: country blessing or curse?
- Tim McGraw, Curb Records: why can't they be friends?
- A matter of time for Shana Twain
- In the wake of death, tornadoes, country once again steps up
- George Strait, pizza, Israel and one Avichai Ben-Shmuel
- Brad Paisley is country music
- Hitting the old dusty touring trail
- The Grammys, they are a changing
- For Taylor Swift, all's well that ends well
- The ACMs
- The view of the ACM Red Carpet show
- ACM awards: picking winners
- Talking about baseball and country
- What you didn't know about Miranda Lambert won't kill you
- Lady Gaga, country singer?
- Alan Jackson makes a change
- Country gives a welcome help to Japan
- Greg Allman and country music
- Kimberly Perry: we play COUNTRY music
- The Band Perry: You are what you are
- It doesn't get better thant his for Reba, Braddock, Shepard
- Is Tim McGraw's political career kaput before it started?
- Paisley revs it up
- The future of Lady Antebellum
- Grammys, the view from here
- Life is tough for Carrie Underwood
- Swift world domination commences
- Josh Thompson has it tough
- The best of 2010
- Rascal Flatts needs to ask for recount
- Charlie Louvin lives on
- Taylor Swift finds out who her "friends" are
- Breath in the fresh air of Robert Plant
- Bye bye Alan Jackson
- Advice for Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker: Avoid Chicago
- What? You didn't know Sunny Sweeney released an EP?
- The Bellamy Brothers produce a head scratcher
- The Bellamys make much ado about very little
- What, that song only reached number 11?
- "Country Strong" isn't
- Looking back and a bit forward
- 2011: bring on the awards (unfortunately)
- Remembering those no longer with us
- With Jackson, McGraw, Shelton, are greatest hits so great?
- Yearwood "wins" award: one of five worst cookbooks of 2010
- Happy Birthday Little Jimmy Dickens!
- Julianne Hough: one hot mama
- Brooks comes back strong
- Hey Taylor Swift: the way you wish to be a star - be careful
- Wedding bells loom for Paltrow, McGraw, Hill, Martin offspring? (NOT!)
- Lee Ann Womack steps up
- American Country Awards: ho hum
- Kid Rock is scalping mad
- For Alan Jackson, the ball's in his court
- Kanye strikes (Taylor Swift) again
- Chesney's tough luck
- Had enough of awards shows?
- Garth, StubHub and scalpers of charity gigs
- Urban rides the rails to "Get Closer"
- CMA results: no arguments here
- Blake Shelton surprises
- Gwyneth Paltrow comes on strong at CMAs
- CMA Awards: the final prognostication (part 6) Entertainer
- CMA Awards: more prognosticating (part 5) Male Vocalist Award
- CMA Awards: prognostication continues (part 4) - female vocalist
- CMA Awards: the great prognosticator (part 3) - album of the year
- CMA Awards: the maybe not so great prognosticator (part 2)
- CMA Awards: the great prognosticator (Part 1)
- CMAs: shtick or music rules?
- Garth Brooks helps out
- Life is real good for Taylor Swift
- Sorry to tell you this Sugarland, but...
- Jackson's "Freight Train" chugs Down Under
- Congrats to Loretta Lynn
- A night to remember in Nashville
- Country comes home
- A Swift marketing plan
- Get well James Otto
- Lynne, Moorer tour: good news, bad news
- Chris Robinson, Taylor Swift - they're probably not BFF
- Kudos to Lambert, Lady A, but CMA perplexes
- CMA nominations take time, a lot of time
- Taylor Swift unveiled
- Pinecastle Records rises
- Kudos to Newport Folk Festival
- Gwyneth Paltrow goes country, and that's okay
- The future of Taylor Swift
- Americana fest hosts excellent line-up
- Jaron Lowenstein's prayers have been met
- Deja vu all over again and again for Trailer Choir
- Ho hum summer
- Rain isn't such a good thing for Luke Bryan
- Country Throwdown - good concept, but the execution...
- Tank, one man's best friend, is missing
- CMA Music Fest should thank the fans
- Is this really it for The Judds?
- The Farewell Drifters show their stuff
- Los Lobos take a stand
- What the heck did Willlie do?
- Lady Antebellum steps forward
- What gives - The Court Yard Hounds don't chart
- Nashville steps up
- Chely Wright's decision: long overdue
- What about the day job, Mick Huckabee?
- Vince Gill deserves a whole lot better
- Yet more exposure for Taylor Swift
- Taylor Swift, the new comic book super hero
- A great night for Underwood, Lambert, Lady Antebellum
- Academy of Country Music Awards blog - the view from Roots Toots n' Hoots
- For Rounder Records, the end of an era
- Long live George Strait, the king of country
- Pulitzer Prize winner Hank Williams?
- Dierks Bentley rides high on bluegrass
- Mindy McCready does it all the time
- Taylor Swift's legion of fans gets bigger, literally
- Too much living life in the fast lane for The Eagles
- The word on the Court Yard Hounds...
- Easton Corbin just can't get no respect
- Miley Cyrus bids adieu to country
- Shooter Jennings done it his way
- Cook gets it together for "Welder"
- Faith Hill has no worries
- Are The Living Sisters super?
- Electoral politics and Luke Bryan
- Just another day at the awards shows
- Ho hum, Luke Bryan gets a little crazy on his "Spring Break"
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • email@example.com
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time