Monday, April 23, 2018
– Michael Ray released the cover and track list for his sophomore effort, "Amos," which drops June 1.
The album is named after Ray's grandfather, who passed away two months prior to Ray's debut on the Grand Ole Opry. It was Amos who inspired Ray's passion for music, inviting him to play with the family band from the time he was just 9 years old.
The jacket features the heavily tattooed Ray wearing black pants and t shirt in a room looking to his right.
"When it came time to pick the next song for fans to hear, I listened to the fans," said Ray. "For months, we have been playing these songs on the road, and we start most every show with 'Fan Girl,' so it was time to put this song in their hands. The lyrics, 'You give me that front row feeling/Screaming with my hands up/Walk in the room and everybody stands up,' create such a powerful visual. That -- equated to how you feel about a girl -- is a perspective I had not heard before, yet I know exactly what that feeling is."
"Amos," produced by Scott Hendricks (Alan Jackson, Faith Hill, Blake Shelton), features the nostalgic mid-tempo "Summer Water," and "Dancing Forever."
The track list is:
1. "Fan Girl" (Matt Jenkins/Brad Tursi/Josh Osborne)
2. "One That Got Away" (Josh Osborne/Matthew Ramsey/Trevor Rose/Jesse Frasure)
3. "Summer Water" (Heather Morgan/Lee Thomas Miller)
4. "Get To You" (Abe Stoklasa/Pavel Dovgalyuk)
5. "Forget About It" (Luke Laird/Jaren Johnston)
6. "Her World Or Mine" (Brett Beavers/Jamie Paulin/Travis Denning)
7. "You're On" (Chase McGill/Jessi Alexander/Matt Jenkins)
8. "I'm Gonna Miss You" (Corey Crowder/Matt McGinn)
9. "Dancing Forever" (Ross Copperman/Shane McAnally/Matt Ramsey/Trevor Rosen)
10. "Girl From Spring Break" (Ben Hayslip/Emily Weisbard/ Rhett Akins)
11. "Drink One For Me" (Josh Thompson/Jimmy Robbins/Jon Nite)