Monday, October 1, 2018
– Two years in the works, "Ronnie Milsap: The Duets "(Riser House/Sony) drops in January with help from Willie Nelson, Kacey Musgraves, George Strait and Luke Bryan.
The 13-track collection covers mainstream country, Christian, Americana, rock and roots music. Dolly Parton and Little Big Town also lend their talents.
Musgraves sings on the 1982 Grammy-winning "There's No Getting Over Me." "Singing with Kacey is so much fun," he told People. "She's a pure vocalist and knows how to lean into a melody. Having her on this gave the song a whole new twist, which is what music is all about. How do you take what you know and make it even more?"
Recorded at Ronnie's Place, "A Woman's Love" is Milsap's duet with Nelson. He liked the song so much he ended up recording the Mike Reid-penned song on his own "God's Problem Child" project.
"It's a compliment to me that Willie loved the song enough to want to record it on his own," Milsap said. "It says so much about the quality of the song, because the best songs want to be recorded over and over. Ray Charles heard 'Lets Go Get Stoned' all those years ago, and he cut it. It just shows how universal music can be, and how it brings people together."
The track list is:
1. Southern Boys and Detroit Wheels ft. Billy Gibbons
2. Stranger in My House ft. Luke Bryan
3. Smokey Mountain Rain ft. Dolly Parton
4. Prisoner of the Highway ft. Jason Aldean
5. A Woman's Love ft. Willie Nelson
6. Happy Happy Birthday ft. Lucy Angel
7. No Getting Over Me ft. Kacey Musgraves
8. Lost in the Fifties ft. Little Big Town
9. Houston Solution ft. George Strait
10. What a Woman Can Mean to a Man ft. Jessie Key
11. Misery Loves Company ft. Leon Russell
12. You're Nobody ft. Steven Curtis Chapman
13. Shakey Ground ft. Montgomery Gentry