Ford serves up a second helping of "Chicken And Biscuits"
Thursday, March 26, 2020
– "Chicken And Biscuits (Second Helping)," an expanded version of Colt Ford's critically acclaimed 2010 sophomore release, "Chicken And Biscuits," will be reissued by Average Joes Entertainment April 17.
The 20-song collection boasts six new tracks and remixes and live versions of hits.
"Chicken And Biscuits (Second Helping)," delivers Ford's country rap/hip hop jams. Included are Ford's breakthrough love song, "Chicken And Biscuits" featuring James Otto; the rocking party anthem, "Hey Ya'll" with Randy Houser; a two-step favorite, "Cricket On A Line" featuring Rhett Akins; "Hip Hop In A Honky Tonk" featuring Kevin Fowler and "Country Kids" with Rachel Farley. Previously unreleased tracks include "Booty Call," a special dance-club version of "Cricket On A Line," remixed by DJKO and bonus live versions of "Chicken And Biscuits" featuring Sister Hazel and "Hip Hop In A Honky Tonk."
The track list is:
1. Chicken And Biscuits (feat. James Otto)
2. Hey Ya'll (feat. Randy Houser)
4. Mud Flap (feat. Ty Stone)
5. All About Ya'll (feat. Josh Gracin)
6. Nothing In Particular (feat. Sunny Ledfurd)
7. Tool Timer (feat. Darryl Worley)
8. Cricket On A Line (feat. Rhett Akins)
9. She Ain't Too Good For That (feat. Joe Nichols)
10.Convoy (feat. Lindsey Hager)
11. Hip Hop In A Honky Tonk (feat. Kevin Fowler)
12. Ride On, Ride Out (feat. DMC)
13. Country Kids (feat. Rachel Farley)
14. Trailer Park Pulp Fiction (feat. Ira Dean)
15. We Like To Hunt
16. Booty Call (previously unreleased)
17. Cricket On A Line (DJKO "Mud Digger" Remix)
18. Cricket On A Line (DKJO Tractor Lean Remix)
19. Chicken And Biscuits (Live) (feat. Sister Hazel) (previously unreleased)
20. Hip Hop In A Honky Tonk (Live) (previously unreleased)
More news for Colt Ford
CD reviews for Colt Ford
The idea of the sophomore slump in music may be a real thing, but it certainly doesn't apply to Colt Ford. To mark the 10th anniversary of "Chicken & Biscuits," Ford's popular second full-length studio set, Average Joes Entertainment Group reissued the original album with six new tracks, including live and remixed versions of fan favorite songs.
Although he had previously released an album, an EP and a live collection, "Chicken & Biscuits" was the vehicle ...
Before Colt Ford hit pay dirt with "Dirt Road Anthem" he was considered a country music outlier with his rap/rock style and collaborations. He makes no apologies for it as he proclaims on the guns blazing opener, "I'm Still Me." "I'm still a whole lot more Georgia than I'll ever be Tennessee."
Ford is known for his collaborations, and this album is chock full of them. Mitchell Tenpenny, Jimmie Allen and Eddie Montgomery populate his seventh studio album. ...
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups notwithstanding, two great tastes don't always taste great together. Take, for instance, country music and rap. Hick hop, if you will. Even the name sounds like an affliction of the diaphragm. Wikipedia says this sub genre really took shape with Bubba Sparxxx in 2001, but those of us with longer memories know artists have been trying to wed these antithetical styles since the Bellamy Brothers "Country Rap" in 1987. Back then, it was known as c-rap, a ...