BBR signs Morgan
The North Carolina native joins the roster with a number one hit to his name, having co-written "If I Didn't Love You," by Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood.
Growing up in North Carolina, Morgan began playing guitar at the age of eight before hitting the festival circuit in a family bluegrass band for 10 years. He eventually sold his small plot of land and moved to Nashville. Fate connected him with Kurt Allison and Tully Kennedy, two songwriters and longtime bandmates of Jason Aldean. One writing session led to another and eventually Aldean cutting eight songs written by Morgan for his new album, "Macon, Georgia," including his current single "Trouble with a Heartbreak."
Night Train is Aldean's imprint on Broken Bow.
"The first time I heard about John Morgan was a 2 a.m. phone call with Aldean that lasted over 30 minutes as he told me why he wanted to sign him. He was so excited. He didn't want to wait until the next day to talk about offering him a deal," said Jon Loba, President BMG Nashville. "When we started working with John, it was easy to see why Jason picked up the phone and woke me up in the middle of the night, and I'm so glad he did."
"Three years ago, I never would have imagined that I would be signed to one of the best labels here in Nashville," said Morgan. "I'm excited to get started on this journey and grateful for the team I have working with me."
Morgan's debut track, "Coldest Beer in Town," was released in 2021 while he opened Aldean's Back In the Saddle Tour. Morgan was signed last year to the label but BBM waited until today to publicly make the announcement.
- 02/13/23: Aldean goes on the Highway Desperado Tour
- 11/04/22: Aldean celebrates "Christmas in Dixie"
- 09/01/22: Aldean's longstanding PR firm quits; follows comments on trans kids from wife
- 04/22/22: Aldean, Townes, Old Crow, Hedley release new discs
- 03/25/22: Gilbert, Aldean consider "Rolex on a Redneck"
- 02/14/22: Aldean plays the Rock N' Roll Cowboy
- 01/26/22: Aldean named to receive CRB Humanitarian Award
- 11/12/21: Aldean, Jinks, Xmas fare dominate releases
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • email@example.com
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time