Thursday, June 23, 2022
– Randy Houser will release his sixth studio album, "Note To Self," on Nov. 11 via Magnolia Music Group, Houser's newly-formed label.
Houser produced along with Blake Chancey. The disc feaures 10 tracks all co-written by Houser
"Blake and I worked on this record a long time, and I'm really looking forward to sharing the rest of it with the folks who've already shown how excited they are for new music," Houser said. "This album came together at a time when I was reflecting on who I am and what's important to me, envisioning the kind of future I'd like to see for myself and my family."
House will release "Workin' Man" this Friday. The song was penned by Houser with Randy Montana, highlighting America's blue-collar workers among the struggles they face day-to-day to support themselves and their families:
Morning coffee in his steel toe boots
Drink it up, lace 'em up, light that fuse
Ain't stacking nothing but some IOU's
Can't be late, can't catch a break
BC Powder cause everything aches
Cold six pack, end of the day
Whatcha gonna do
Woman needs loving
And the kids need shoes
Ain't nothing left when he pays them dues
Whoa, where ya gonna turn
Daddy said, "Son,better listen, better learn
Ain't nobody shelling out no concerns for the workin' man"
Yeah, I've seen it first-hand, buddy, just like you
That's why I'm out here singing these blue-collar blues
For the workin' man
Album opener and recently released "Still That Cowboy" is as an ode to Houser's wife, Tatiana, as the couple prepares for their second child together.
The track list is:
1. Still That Cowboy (Randy Houser, Matt Rogers, Josh Hoge)
2. Workin' Man (Randy Houser, Randy Montana)
3. Note To Self (Randy Houser, Casey Beathard, Ross Copperman, Bobby Pinson)
4. Country 'Round Here Tonight (Randy Houser, Brice Long, Jeff Hyde)
5. Take It To The Bank (Randy Houser, Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tindell)
6. Call Me (Randy Houser, Paul Overstreet, Andrew Albert)
7. Out And Down (Randy Houser, Matt Rogers, Chris DeStefano)
8. Rub A Little Dirt On It (Randy Houser, Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tyndell)
9. American Dreamer (Randy Houser, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
10. Remember How To Pray (Randy Houser, Kendell Marvel)
"Note To Self" is new music since 2019's "Magnolia." Houser also released a. video for the single, directed by cinematographer Jay Christensen and co-directed by Spencer S. Peter, shot in one take entirely by a drone. Filmed in downtown Nashville, the video follows Houser performing solo from Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, across the alley and to the historic stage of Ryman Auditorium where he joins his full band,.
Houser also turned to acting with a role in Martin Scorsese's upcoming film "Killers of the Flower Moon" starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and "The Hill" starring Dennis Quaid.