HARDY, Wilson team up for "wait in the truck'
A dark country fable at its core, the back-and-forth ballad written by HARDY, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt and Renee Blair, which was produced by Joey Moi with co-production from HARDY, Derek Wells, and Jordan Schmidt, employs an acoustic guitar pluck and a gospel choir.
"'wait in the truck,' my next single, is one of my favorite songs I've ever written - probably the best song I've ever written to be honest," HARDY said. "It hit me so hard the first time I heard the demo back, and no other song had done that before. Very excited for the world to hear the song, excited for the song to give people a platform to maybe speak out about stuff that might be going on in their own homes. Thank you to Lainey Wilson for doing this song with me. She crushed it. She crushed the music video. I just can't wait for the world to see this, and I can't wait to play it live."
"I always love working with HARDY, but this track is extra special," Wilson said. "I am so proud to be part of 'wait in the truck' because it's such a powerful song and story, and I really do think it will change lives."
A cinematic music video also was released. The video was directed by Justin Clough and shot in Carthage, Tenn. earlier this summer. As he wrote the song, HARDY also conceptualized the treatment for the official music video.
- 03/06/23: HARDY extends tour into fall
- 02/17/23: Stones tribute with Church, Morris, Wilson drops March 17
- 01/20/23: HARDY, Corbin release new music
- 12/28/22: Wilson gives "Middle Finger" to "Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo"
- 10/28/22: Wilson, Fleet, Flatland Cavalry release new music
- 10/28/22: Wilson announces headlining tour
- 10/14/22: HARDY, companions were unconscious in bus accident
- 10/11/22: HARDY announces '23 tour
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • firstname.lastname@example.org
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time