Bentley goes for the "Gravel & Gold"
The 14-track album delves into perspective and self-awareness at many levels from the personal to the professional. This marks the first time Bentley produced himself. Ashley McBryde and Billy Strings help out on the release. "Gold," "High Note" featuring Billy Strings and now "Same Ol' Me" are available now.
"It's been four years since I put out an album, and part of the reason for that is that I wrote and recorded two records that I didn't feel were good enough and had to start over...twice," said Bentley. "I'm going to be able look back on it for the rest of my life and be like, yeah, that was harder than I thought it would be, but zero regrets. I had to get it right. That's the 'Gravel & Gold' of it all."
"Cowboy Boots" features McBryde while "High Note" is aided by Strings alongside Jerry Douglas on Dobro, Sam Bush on mandolin, Charlie Worsham on guitar and Bryan Sutton on guitar and banjo.
"Selfishly I've always wanted to have my cake and eat it too," said Bentley. "I'm in the bluegrass space. I'm in the traditional country space. It's always been important to me to have the love and support of this community in Nashville, particularly the older establishment and the Opry - and to know that I'm able to do that but also get out on the road and play the big venues too? It doesn't get any better than that for me."
The track list is:
1. "Same Ol' Me"
2. "Sun Sets In Colorado"
3. "Heartbreak Drinking Tour"
4. "Something Real"
6. "Beer At My Funeral"
7. "Cowboy Boots" (Featuring Ashley McBryde)
9. "Walking Each Other Home"
10. "Roll On"
11. "All The Right Places"
12. "Ain't All Bad"
13. "Old Pickup"
"High Note" (Featuring Billy Strings)
More news for Dierks Bentley
- 03/03/23: Bentley tours behind "Gravel & Gold"
- 02/24/23: Bentley, Dement release new discs
- 11/18/22: Bentley goes out on a "High Note" with Strings
- 05/18/22: King, Bentley release "Worth a Shot" video
- 05/13/22: For Bentley, King, it's "Worth a Shot"
- 04/13/22: Wallen co-headlines Bentley's Seven Peaks fest
- 04/06/22: Bentley Smith, Bare, Keb' Mo join Walk of Fame
- 04/04/22: Bentley announces Seven Peaks Music Festival is back
CD reviews for Dierks Bentley
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • email@example.com
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time