Combs finds "5 Leaf Clover"
The song on his upcoming 18-song disc, "Gettin' Old," out next Friday.
Combs said, "A while back my buddy Newdy and I were looking around the clover plot at my house for 4 leaf clovers. I eventually found one, but shortly thereafter, he found a 5 leaf clover, and I thought to myself, 'Man, how lucky do you have to be to find a 5 leaf clover?' Didn't think too much of it at the time, but wrote that down as a title in my phone."
"A few weeks later, I was writing with Jessi Alexander and Chase McGill, and it came up. It still wasn't really anything that jumped off the page to me, but I shared the idea and guitar melody I had with them, and they loved it. We ended up writing the song that day. I eventually started playing it at shows and posting a video of the song, and y'all quickly let me know it was one I had to record; that's why I'm super pumped for y'all to finally hear it."
"5 Leaf Clover" is the fourth song unveiled from "Gettin' Old," a companion to his 2022 record, "Growin' Up."
Produced by Combs, Chip Matthews and Jonathan Singleton, "Gettin' Old" is Combs' fourth full-length album following "Growin' Up," 2019's 3x Platinum "What You See is What You Get" and his 4x Platinum debut, "This One's For You."
More news for Luke Combs
- 03/24/23: Combs, Nickel Creek, Pearce deliver new albums
- 03/20/23: Combs plans to be twice as busy - parenting wise
- 02/24/23: Combs finds salvation with "Joe"
- 02/10/23: Combs debuts "Love You Anyway"
- 02/01/23: CMA honors Triple Play Awards winners including Combs, HARDY, Wallen
- 01/27/23: Combs says he's "Gettin' Old"
- 01/26/23: Combs, Carlile perform at GRAMMYS
- 01/05/23: Combs announces new album
CD reviews for Luke Combs
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • email@example.com
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time