Lady A, Zac Brown Band, Paisley join CMA lineup
Thursday, January 12, 2012
– Reigning CMA Vocal Group of the Year Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts and Zac Brown Band have joined the performance lineup for the Nightly Concerts at LP Field during 2012 CMA Music Festival.
The event will take over downtown Nashville for four days this summer, Thursday-Sunday, June 7-10.
Jason Aldean, The Band Perry, and Carrie Underwood were previously announced as performing at the Festival. Additional artists will be announced in the coming weeks.
More news for Country Music Association
- 11/13/19: Musgraves, Lil Nas X take home early CMA honors
- 11/13/19: Walsh joins CMA line-up
- 11/13/19: Brooks wins CMA's biggest honor
- 11/05/19: Kristofferson receives CMA Willie Nelson award honor
- 11/04/19: Gill, Mattea, Midland, McBride named as CMA presenters
- 10/29/19: Brooks, Musgraves, Nelson, B&D to perform at CMAs
- 10/23/19: Church, Stapleton, Combs, Lambert set to perform at CMAs
- 10/15/19: CMA visits Twin Cities with songwriters series
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Rising Appalachia buck the mainsteam, and that's fine with them
Rising Appalachia would not be accused of being in the musical mainstream. Not too many bands who combine folk and Appalachian sounds with new world music could possibly be.
And that suits the sister-led duo of Chloe Smith and Leah Song just fine. In fact, at one point, Chloe made it clear she did not embrace radio play as a sign of success... »»»
Concert Review: Bingham plays with something to prove
Ryan Bingham mainly focused on songs from his sixth album "American Love Song," for this lively show. Backed by a supportive band that also included two female backup singers and a fiddler, Bingham's eclectic setlist touched upon country, singer/songwriter folk, rock and blues.
Bingham reached for lively country sounds early on, with... »»»
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
When recording its album "Play the Hits," The Mavericks approached this covers album in much the same way the band creates any of its other studio albums. "Above all, we're always trying to reach a certain musical bar that we... »»»
The release of "Onward," his eighth studio album, finds veteran Texas Music/Red Dirt artist Stoney Larue at a crossroads. After almost two decades on the road, playing 200 shows a year across America and abroad, he has had success... »»»