Tuesday, January 28, 2014
– Dierks Bentley's "Riser," will have a dozen tracks.
Bentley co-wrote six of the songs. He also called on Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton, The Cadillac Three's Jaren Johnston and Charlie Worsham to sing and play.
"It's important to really know the writers and musicians you work with, to hang out with them and live in the same world," Bentley said. "I have such a romance with Nashville and this community. I drove across the country when I was 19 years old with a dream of just being invited to the party. It's still wild to me that I get to work with and call so many incredibly talented people my friends."
Ross Copperman and Arturo Buenahora Jr, produced the CD.
Bentley recorded the music in the Red Room, Copperman's home studio. "It's the sound in my head that I hear when I'm playing a live show," said Bentley. "You have one ear monitor in, one ear out, and the crowd's there and your voice feels really great. There's a certain amount of gravel to it because you're tired, but you're all jacked up on whatever you're drinking and adrenaline, and the crowds and the fans are there and there's this feeling, fists in the air - it's that thing that's hard to transfer into a studio environment. There's a rawness."
Songs on the CD are:
1. Bourbon In Kentucky (Hlilary Lindsey, Gordie Sampson, Ryan Tyndell) Background vocals by Kacey Musgraves
2. Say You Do (Shane McAnally, Matt Ramsey, Trever Rosen)
3. I Hold On (Brett James, Dierks Bentley)
4. Pretty Girls (Jessi Alexander, Jon Randall, Dierks Bentley)
5. Here On Earth (Ross Copperman, Ryan Tyndell, Dierks Bentley)
6. Drunk On A Plane (Josh Kear, Chris Tompkins, Dierks Bentley)
7. Five (Ross Copperman, Ryan Tyndell, Dierks Bentley)
8. Riser (Travis Meadows, Steve Moakler)
9. Sounds of Summer (Zach Crowell, Matt Jenkins, Adam Sanders)
10. Damn These Dreams (Ross Copperman, Jaren Johnston, Dierks Bentley)
11. Back Porch (Cary Barlowe, Jaren Johnston, Hillary Lindsey)
12. Hurt Somebody (Matt Fleener, Shane McAnally, Mark Nesler Background vocals by Chris Stapleton
"Riser" is available for pre-order at digital retailers beginning today. Bentley will kick off his Riser Tour on May 9 in Charlotte.