Monday, June 30, 2014
– Jerry Lee Lewis will release a new album, "Rock & Roll Time," on Oct. 28 on Vanguard Records.
"Rock & Roll Time" features guests including Keith Richards, Robbie Robertson, Ron Wood, Neil Young, Shelby Lynne, Nils Lofgren and Daniel Lanois. The first single and title track premiered on Rollingstone.com.
"Rock & Roll Time" was originally co-written and recorded by Kris Kristofferson in 1974. Lewis' rendition features guitarist Doyle Bramhall II and Jon Brion. Recorded at the House of Blues Studio in Memphis, this 11-song collection pulls from the vaults of Chuck Berry ("Little Queenie"), Bob Dylan ("Stepchild"), Johnny Cash ("Folsom Prison Blues") and Jimmy Reed ("Bright Lights, Big City").
Lewis' last release was "Mean Old Man," a duets album in 2010.
On CD release day, Lewis will also release a new book Jerry Lee Lewis: His Own Story,a biography co-authored with Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Rick Bragg. Interviewing Lewis over the course of two summers, Bragg for the first time shares Lewis's often outrageous story.
Lewis has two upcoming concert dates scheduled: July 5 at Harrah's Resort in Valley Center, Cal and on Oct. 30 at B.B. King's Blues Club and Grill in New York City. More dates to be announced shortly.
1. Rock & Roll Time (with Doyle Bramhall II and Jon Brion)
2. Little Queenie (with Keith Richards and Ron Wood)
3. Stepchild (with Daniel Lanois and Doyle Bramhall II)
4. Sick and Tired (with Jon Brion)
5. Bright Lights, Big City (with Neil Young and Ivan Neville)
6. Folsom Prison Blues (with Robbie Robertson and Nils Lofgren)
7. Keep Me In My Mind (with Jon Brion)
8. Mississippi Kid (with Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II)
9. Blues Likes Midnight (with Robbie Robertson)
10. Here Comes That Rainbow Again (with Shelby Lynne)
11. Promised Land (with Doyle Bramhall II)