Friday, May 29, 2015
– Kip Moore finally has a date for his sophomore CD - Aug. 21 - more than 3 years after a highly successful debut.
"Wild Ones" contains 13 songs with Moore having a hand in writing every one. "'Wild Ones' really encompasses everything I've been through out on the road since the first album, it embodies us as a band every night out on stage, it alludes to the traveling circus it sometimes feels like we are a part of," said Moore. "I'm so glad that I'm able to finally let the fans know when to expect what we've been working on so passionately for the past couple years, to let them know the wait is nearly over."
Each song was born on the road during soundchecks, dressing rooms and in Moore's bunk at night and recorded during "time off" from playing more than 200 shows a year.
"Lipstick" is a tribute to the road, with each verse rattling off a list of the favorite cities Moore and his band mates have played in the past. "That Was Us" looks back at the archetypal small-town Saturday nights that filled Moore's teenage years in Georgia. The lead single is "I'm To Blame."
The track list is:
1. Wild Ones (Kip Moore, Chris DeStefano, Brett James)
2. Come And Get It (Kip Moore, Brett James, Manny Medina)
3. Girl of Summer (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
4. Magic (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Luke Dick)
5. That Was Us (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Dan Couch)
6. Lipstick (Kip Moore, Justin Weaver, David Frasier, Westin Davis)
7. What Ya Got On Tonight (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
8. Heart's Desire (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, Adam Browder, Erich Wigdahl)
9. Complicated (Kip Moore, Chris DeStefano, Rodney Clawson)
10. I'm To Blame (Kip Moore, Justin Weaver, Westin Davis)
11.That's Alright With Me (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, Luke Dick)
12. Running For You (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
13. Comeback Kid (Kip Moore, Erik Dylan, Ross Copperman, Jeff Hyde)
Moore's 2012 debut, "Up All Night," contained 1 number 1 singles ("Somethin' 'Bout a Truck") and \ notched two Platinum certifications with "Hey Pretty Girl" selling more than 1 million and "Somethin' 'Bout A Truck." "Beer Money" went Gold. Moore released "Young Love" as a single in 2013, which reached only 26 on the chart and "Dirt Road" last year, which made it to 35. Neither song is on "Wild Ones."