Carll plans September recording sessions
Thursday, July 23, 2015 – Hayes Carll said he would return to the recording studio in September with an album slated to be released next winter.
Carll said following the conclusion of a residency at The Lizard Lounge in Cambridge, Mass. that he would record with Joe Henry at a studio in Los Angeles. This will be Carll's first disc since 2011's "Trouble in Mind" and his fifth disc overall.
Carll, 39, said he thought he had an album's worth of songs already, but indicated he had more writing ahead for this album. "I've got work to do," he said.
Carll said he expected the new batch of material to be released in "February or March" 2016.
Carll previously had been on the Lost Highway Records label, but said he would release this through Thirty Tigers, the Nashville-based distribution, marketing and sometimes record label.
More news for Hayes Carll
- 09/10/24: Griffin, Carll, McKenna unite for tour
- 01/19/22: Lund sings "Songs My Friends Wrote"
- 10/29/21: Montgomery, Tenpenny, Evans lead busy release day
- 07/29/21: With Carll, "You Get It All"
- 11/08/18: Carll finds out "What It Is"
- 04/08/16: Carll returns
- 10/28/10: New Carll disc due in February '11
- 11/02/07: Hayes Carll looks for album in '08
CD reviews for Hayes Carll



©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • countrystandardtime@gmail.com
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time