Wednesday, July 29, 2015
– Garth Brooks is the biggest country draw, according to Forbes. Brooks has pulled in $90 million on his tour, which started last September.
Others on the list are Toby Keith ($53 million), Jason Aldean ($43.5 million), Luke Bryan ($42.5 million) and Kenny Chesney ($42 million).
The list takes into account concerts and other money-making endeavors including sponsorships.
"Brooks has been grossing well over $1 million at every stop, partly because he's been playing back-to-back shows in the same arena on the same night," Forbes said.
Keith was second even though he only played 29 shows. "Last year's king of country cash played only 29 shows in our scoring period, but still out-earned most of his peers thanks to a wide range of brand extensions. With his own record label, a multimillion-dollar endorsement deal with Ford, mescal line Wild Shot and more than 20 locations of his I Love This Bar And Grill, he'd rank high on our list even if he stopped touring."
Others on the list are:
6) Tim McGraw was sixth with $38 million.
7) Florida Georgia Line - $36.5 million
8) Zac Brown Band - $32 million
9) Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton - $28.5 million
11) Keith Urban - $28 million
12) Eric Church - $26 million
13) Brad Paisley - $24 million
14) Rascal Flatts - $19.5 million
15) Lady Antebellum - $17 million
Forbes said the list was based on income from June 2014 to June 2015. That included concert tickets, merchandise sales, recorded music and publishing, endorsement deals and other business ventures. Forbes used data from Pollstar, Nielsen, industry insiders and some of the artists themselves. Estimates reflect pretax income before deducting fees for agents, managers and lawyers, according to Forbes.