Thursday, November 19, 2015
– Vince Gill will release his first album in four years in February.
"Down To My Last Bad Habit" is set for release on Feb. 12 on MCA. "Take Me Down," featuring Little Big Town, is the first single. Gill wrote/co-wrote, co-produced and is a featured musician on all 12 songs on the disc. Cam sings on "I'll Be Waiting For You."
"Forty years into this, it's still as much fun as it's ever been to play music," said Gill. "At the end of the day, what I get excited about is doing something I haven't done before. When I record a song, I feel successful if I've accomplished something new."
Songs on the CD are:
1. Down To My Last Bad Habit Track Listing:
2. Reasons For The Tears I Cry (Vince Gill)
3. Down To My Last Bad Habit (Vince Gill, Al Anderson)
4. Me And My Girl (Vince Gill)
5. Like My Daddy Did (Vince Gill)
6. Make You Feel Real Good (Vince Gill)
7. I Can't Do This (Vince Gill, Catt Gravitt, Brennen Hunt)
8. My Favorite Movie (Vince Gill and Ashley Monroe)
9. One More Mistake I Made (Vince Gill, Adrianne Duarte)
10. Take Me Down (Vince Gill, Richard Marx, Jillian Jacqueline)
11. I'll Be Waiting For You (Vince Gill, Leslie Satcher)
12. When It's Love (Vince Gill, Richard Marx)
13. Sad One Comin' On (A Song For George Jones) (Vince Gill)
"Down to My Last Bad Habit" is Gill's first solo album since 2011's "Guitar Slinger." In 2013, the Oklahoma native partnered with steel guitarist Paul Franklin on "Bakersfield" as a tribute to the "Bakersfield sound" of Buck Owens and Merle Haggard.
Gill returns this holiday season for a set of shows at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium with his wife, Christian contemporary artist, Amy Grant. In February, Gill will reunite with Lyle Lovett for a 13-city tour of acoustic shows.