Brooks plays Biden inauguration
Brooks will join Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez, who also are performing.
"This is not a political statement, this is statement of unity," Brooks said on Monday. "This is kind of how I get to serve this country."
"I've played for every president there is, since Carter, with the exception of Reagan. This is an honor for me to get to serve...and it's one of the things that, if my family is around, no matter who the president-elect is, it's an honor to be asked."
Brooks said he would not play "We Shall Be Free," which he played at the inauguration of President Barack Obama.
He was asked to play at the inauguration of outgoing President Donald Trump, but did not because he was playing multiple shows that weekend in Cincinnati, Ohio. He did play for President Trump on other occasions during his presidency.
More news for Garth Brooks
- 11/14/22: Brooks returns to Vegas
- 06/29/22: Brooks honored with Kristofferson award
- 10/19/21: Brooks plays the Ryman
- 08/18/21: Brooks postpones concerts due to COVID
- 06/16/21: Brooks plays Nashville
- 11/20/20: Brooks, Brice, Raye release music
- 11/16/20: Brooks, Yearwood host holiday TV show
- 10/19/20: Brooks announces "Fun," "Triple Live Deluxe" for Nov. 20
CD reviews for Garth Brooks
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • email@example.com
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time