Bentley goes out on a "High Note" with Strings
The humorous track about weed taps Bentley's love of bluegrass that finishes in a super-jam featuring Jerry Douglas on Dobro, Sam Bush on mandolin and guest guitar stars Strings and Bryan Sutton. A video also was released.
"High Note" helps set the stage for Bentley's 10th LP, arriving early next year.
"Bryan Sutton first tipped me off to Billy Strings about seven years ago mentioning that the future of bluegrass was in good hands," said Bentley. "I was totally blown away the first time I saw him. I've cut songs like these since my first record, and I knew I wanted to have him on this one, I'm such a huge fan. It was a lot of fun to have him, Jerry, Sam and Bryan all passing licks around...having them all on this record means a lot to me personally."
Produced by Bentley alongside Ross Copperman, Jon Randall and F. Reid Shippen, the new track follows the lead single from his 10th studio album "Gold."
Last night, Bentley performed "Gold" on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert here, after he sat down with the host to discuss wining the first-ever Colbert Cup during Pickled, the CBS special celebrity pickleball tournament to benefit Comic Relief US featuring other celebrities like Will Ferrell, Sugar Ray Leonard, Emma Watson and Tig Notaro.
- 03/03/23: Bentley tours behind "Gravel & Gold"
- 02/24/23: Bentley, Dement release new discs
- 01/18/23: Bentley goes for the "Gravel & Gold"
- 12/06/22: Strings lines up 22 new shows
- 11/18/22: Strings, Smith, McCreery, Nelson deliver new releases
- 11/01/22: Strings sets winter dates
- 10/11/22: Strings announces '23 tour dates
- 10/03/22: It's a family affair for Strings
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • firstname.lastname@example.org
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time