Nickel Creek finds out "Where the Long Line Leads"
The song was penned by the group's mandolinist Chris Thile, violinist Sara Watkins and guitarist Sean Watkins,
The band said in a statement, "'Where the Long Line Leads' is the hardest we've ever sang and played on record, perhaps because the subject matter gets us all riled up, as does the harmonic progression, which almost feels like it's playing tug-o-war with itself under our fingers."
"Where the Long Line Leads" is the third track unveiled from Nickel Creek's upcoming album, "Celebrants," out March 24 via Thirty Tigers. The disc is their fifth studio album and first new release in nine years.
Nickel Creek has already unveiled two additional album tracks: "Holding Pattern" and "Strangers."
Nickel Creek will return to the road next month with their first headline tour since 2014.
- 03/24/23: Combs, Nickel Creek, Pearce deliver new albums
- 02/16/23: Nickel Creek enters "Holding Pattern"
- 02/07/23: Nickel Creek returns to road
- 01/23/23: Nine years later, Nick Creek is back
- 11/15/22: Nickel Creek coming to the Ryman
- 01/27/21: Watkins announces children's disc
- 01/21/20: Watkins Family Hour returns to action
- 04/21/16: Watkins remains "Young in All the Wrong Ways"
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • firstname.lastname@example.org
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time