Dave Alvin leads his Guilty Women on CD
After the death of his Guilty Men accordionist and best friend Chris Gaffney (The Guilty Men were Alvin's backing band), Alvin set out compiling a tribute to Gaffney.
According to Alvin's label, he "felt the wound was still too raw to record with the Guilty Men. "
The Guilty Women line-up of Cindy Cashdollar of Asleep at the Wheel, Nina Gerber, bluegrasser Laurie Lewis, Christy McWilson, Sarah Brown, Amy Farris and Lisa Pankratz debuted at the 2008 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. "It just felt so natural," said Alvin. "It was like I had been playing with them for a hundred years."
1. "Marie Marie" (Dave Alvin)
2. "California's Burning" (Dave Alvin)
3. "Downey Girl" (Dave Alvin)
4. "Weight of the World" (Christy McWilson)
5. "Anyway" (Dave Alvin/Amy Farris)
6. "Boss of the Blues" (Dave Alvin)
7. "Potter's Field" (Christy McWilson)
8. "River Under the Road" (Sarah Brown/Anna Egge/Jimmie Dale Gilmore)
9. "These Times We're Living In" (Kate Wolf)
10. "Nana and Jimi" (Dave Alvin)
11. "Don't Make No Promises" (Tim Hardin)
12. "Que Sera, Sera" (Raymond Evans/Jay Livingston)
More news for Dave Alvin
- 07/25/22: Alvin the writer starts "New Highway"
- 09/22/20: Alvin plans to release rarities, unreleased tracks
- 02/27/14: Brothers Alvin reunite for Bronzy tribute disc
- 02/20/12: Alvin expands upon "Eleven Eleven"
- 05/08/09: Alvin plans tour with Guilty Women
CD reviews for Dave Alvin
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • firstname.lastname@example.org
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time