Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Don Imus and New West Records announced today "The Imus Ranch Record II," a 13-track record, featuring artists and songs selected by Imus himself, will be out Oct. 26. Artists include Jamey Johnson, Elizabeth Cook, Charlie Robison and Cheap Trick.
The CD will once again benefit the Imus Ranch, a working cattle ranch run by Don and Deirdre Imus, which hosts children who are afflicted with cancer or other serious blood diseases.
"The Imus Ranch Record II" includes five Grammy winners including The Blind Boys of Alabama, Delbert McClinton and The Phantom Blues Band, several Rock & Roll Hall of Fame members and multiple number one hits.
The album kicks off with a brand new recording from Johnson who adds his vocals to Meatloaf's Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad followed by Sam Moore of Sam & Dave with a rendition of Bop, a number 1 hit for Dan Seals in 1985. Hayes Carll, Americana Music Association nominee for New & Emerging Artist this year, contributes Roger Miller's classic country hit King Of The Road and two-time Grammy Award winner Levon Helm pays tribute to Bob Dylan with It Takes A lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry produced by Dylan's long time guitar player Larry Campbell.
1. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad - Jamey Johnson
2. Bop - Sam Moore
3. You Move Too Fast - Elizabeth Cook
4. Don't Be Cruel - Cheap Trick
5. King Of The Road - Hayes Carll
6. You Can't Be A Beacon If Your Light Don't Shine - The Blind Boys Of Alabama
7. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry - Levon Helm
8. Lover Please - Kinky Friedman
9. My Home Town - Charlie Robison
10. Bread And Butter - The Newbeats
11. Carmelita - Adam Duritz
12. Lone Star Blues - Delbert McClinton
13. Part Time Love - Phantom Blues Band