Monday, August 20, 2018
– Runaway June will release its debut, a five-song, self-titled EP, on Wheelhouse Records on Sept. 7, it was announced today.
Produced by Dann Huff (Keith Urban, Thomas Rhett, Brett Young), the lead single is "Buy My Own Drinks.
The song was co-written by Runaway June's Naomi Cooke, Hannah Mulholland and Jennifer Wayne along with Hillary Lindsey and Josh Kear.
The release also includes their cover of Dwight Yoakam's "Fast As You."
"This is a group of songs that really expresses us as a band," said Cooke. "We have been working on this project for two years, and so many life changes have happened to us as people, and now more than ever, we have songs that tell the stories of those moments."
"The EP is a really fun and diverse look into our sound as a band. It incorporates the fun of the live show, but also shows some soft moments that fans can relate to," added Mulholland.
Jennifer Wayne said Huff "has changed our lives. He's completely zoned in our sound. He's so collaborative, and he's such a joy to work with."
"Buy My Own Drinks" went for adds at radio today.
The track list is:
1) "Buy My Own Drinks" (Hannah Mulholland, Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Kear)
2) "I Am Too" (busbee, Corey Crowder, Liz Rose)
3) "Got Me Where I Want You" (James Slater, Kat Higgins, Justin Morgan)
4) "Fast As You" (Dwight Yoakam)
5) "Wild West" (Justin Lantz, Billy Montana, Jennifer Wayne)
The trio will open for Carrie Underwood on her Cry Pretty Tour 360 next spring.