Monday, November 26, 2018
– Mitchell Tenpenny, who has a hit with "Drunk Me," will hit the road in December in support of his forthcoming major label debut, "Telling All My Secrets."
The tour kicks off Dec. 8 in Rome, Ga. and visits 12 cities including Nashville, Chicago and Denver with special guests, Adam Hambrick, Seaforth and Ross Ellis.
"There are so many people to celebrate this moment with, and I wanted to go to them with this release," said Tenpenny. "From the first full-band gig I played in Nashville at 12th & Porter in July of 2017, to all the songwriters, musicians, publishers, industry executives and early critics that were willing to give my music a shot, this tour is so I have a chance to look you each in the eye and tell you 'thank you for making this dream a reality.'"
A year ago, Tenpenny had just finished recording what would become his first single, "Drunk Me," after spending the better part of a year pitching it to other artists in the hopes someone would cut the song penned by Tenpenny and co-writers Jordan Schmidt and Justin Wilson. Sony Nashville execs instantly heard the potential in Tenpenny's talent and vocal ability off the recording, signed the now 29-year-old to a record deal and released the single in February.
"It's been an unbelievably amazing year," said Tenpenny. "To now share this journey with friends - especially ones I am such a fan of in Adam, Ross and Seaforth - is so special. There have been so many friends from Maren Morris, Dustin Lynch and Lynyrd Skynyrd to upcoming shows with Old Dominion where I've been able to learn a lot while playing in front of new audiences. Country music is such a special community in that sense, and I'm thankful to finally feel like I truly belong and that the music we're creating is resonating. There's no better feeling in the world. I can't wait to see you on the road and thank y'all in person."
Tour dates are:
Dec. 8 Rome, GA Rome City Brewing*
Dec. 11 Nashville, TN City Winery ~
Dec. 12 Chicago, IL Joe's on Weed St.~
Dec. 15 Macon, GA The Crazy Bull^
Dec. 20 Grand Rapids, MI The Intersection^
Dec. 21 Columbus, OH The Bluestone^
Dec. 22 West Peoria, IL Crusens^
Jan. 4 Charlotte, NC Coyote Joe's^
Jan. 5 Greenville, SC Blind Horse Saloon^
Jan. 11 Charlottesville, VA Jefferson Theater*
Jan. 12 Silver Springs, MD The Fillmore*
Feb. 1 Denver, CO The Grizzly Rose*
* denotes a date with Seaforth
^ denotes a date with Ross Ellis
~ denotes a date with Adam Hambrick
The track list is:
1. Truck I Drove in High School | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Schmidt/Andrew Albert/Devin Dawson
2. Alcohol You Later | Mitchell Tenpenny/Sam Sumser/Michael Lotten
3. All On You | Mitchell Tenpenny/Andrew Albert/Nick Fradiani/Jordan Schmidt
4. Goner | Mitchell Tenpenny/Andrew Albert/Jordan Schmidt
5. Chance Worth Taking | Mitchell Tenpenny/Josh Hoge/Matthew McVaney
6. I Get The Picture | Mitchell Tenpenny/Alex Kline/Michael Whitworth
7. Drunk Me | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Schmidt/Justin Wilson
8. Somebody's Got Me | Mitchell Tenpenny/Hillary Lindsey/Jordan Schmidt
9. Somebody Ain't You | Mitchell Tenpenny/Thomas Archer/Dallas Wilson
10. Telling All My Secrets | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Minton/Dallas Wilson
11. Walk Like Him | Mitchell Tenpenny/Justin Ebach/Steven Dale Jones