Friday, March 4, 2022
– Mitchell Tenpenny announced today that he would release "The Low Light Sessions EP" on April 15.
The EP's first track "Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" is available today.
Tenpenny wrote or co-wrote all eight songs. The collection is from Tenpenny's vault of music that he's held close for years. The project is a reflection of who he was several years ago with the track sequencing in timeline order to where he is now. Many of the songs were penned nearly four years ago, with the exception of the devotional, "The Way You Are," written for his now-fiancé, Meghan Patrick.
"My fans are so good to me and react quickly each time I put out new music," Tenpenny said. "I've held onto these songs as I didn't want them to get overshadowed in some of the other recent projects. I wanted to wait until I was in a good place with my life, and I feel I'm strong enough to share them now. I was a different person then, and it feels good to look back and know I've come through that dark time."
The track listing:
1. Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (Mitchell Tenpenny, Dallas Wilson)
2. Dear Jesus (Mitchell Tenpenny, Andy Albert, Thomas Archer)
3. Mama Raised the Hell Out of Me (Mitchell Tenpenny, Jaren Johnston, Zach Kale)
4. My Next Sad Song (Mitchell Tenpenny, Joe Fox, Brandon Paddock, Geoff Warburton)
5. I Know Something She Don't Know (Mitchell Tenpenny, Dallas Wilson)
6. I Can't Get Another You (Mitchell Tenpenny, Brent Anderson, Thomas Archer)
7. Don't Make Me Choose (Mitchell Tenpenny, Dallas Wilson, Claire Douglas)
8. The Way You Are (Mitchell Tenpenny)
Tenpenny rolled out new music for his fans during 2020 and 2021, most recently with a new version of his song "Bucket List" featuring Christian artist Danny Gokey. Last September, he released his "Midtown Diaries," which contains the hit "Truth About You."