Monday, July 30, 2012
– Josh Turner goes live with "Josh Turner - Live Across America," out Aug. 27 on Cracker Barrel.
This is Turner's second disc with Cracker Barrel, a restaurant chain, which has released country and bluegrass albums as well. Turner released "Josh Turner-Live at the Ryman." In 2007. He usually records with MCA Nashville. The CD will be available exclusively at all Cracker Barrel locations and online on crackerbarrel.com, Amazon.com and on iTunes for $11.99. The album features live performances of Turner's biggest hits including Long Black Train, Why Don't We Just Dance, Your Man and an unreleased version of Waylon Jennings' America.
The performances were recorded at 12 different live shows from Lancaster, Pa. to Austin during Turner's 2012 tour, which continues through December and is sponsored exclusively by Cracker Barrel.
"This is my second go-round with Cracker Barrel, who also sponsors my tour. We came up with the idea of taking a mobile studio out on the road and recording our show every night. And that's what 'Live Across America' is: the best renditions of songs from all over the country," Turner said. "The fans will be able to hear recordings from their hometowns."
1) "All Over Me" - Live In Biloxi, MS (3:28)
2) "Firecracker" - Live In Lancaster, PA (3:47)
3) "Everything Is Fine" - Live In Knoxville, TN (3:52)
4) "So Not My Baby" - Live In Lake Charles, LA (3:35)
5) "Would You Go With Me" - Live In Plant City, FL (3:48)
6) "Long Black Train" - Live In Austin, TX (5:27)
7) "I Wouldn't Be A Man" - Live In Savannah, GA (3:39)
8) "Me And God" - Live In Key Largo, FL (3:17)
9) "Another Try" - Live In Atlanta, GA (3:51)
10) "Your Man" - Live in Kansas City, MO (3:38)
11) "America" - Live in Charlottesville, VA (3:33)
12) "Why Don't We Just Dance" - Live In Atlantic City, NJ (4:00)