Friday, June 27, 2014
– Angaleena Presley's new album "American Middle Class" will be released on Oct. 14 on Slate Creek Records in partnership with distributor Thirty Tigers, it was announced today.
Presley, known to fans as "Holler Annie" from the Platinum selling trio Pistol Annies (Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe), wrote 5 of the 12 tracks, and co-wrote the remaining 7. Presley co-produced with husband, Jordan Powell.
"It's like my autobiography - each of the songs is a chapter of my life. I've literally lived every minute of this record," said the coal miner's daughter hailing from Beauty, Ky. "My mama ain't none too happy about me spreading my business around but I have to do it. It's the experience of my life from birth to now."
Vocalists include Patty Loveless, Chris Stapleton, Emily Saliers (Indigo Girls) and her father, Jimmy Presley, who opens the title track with a personal narrative.
Musicians included Keith Gattis and Audley Freed on guitars, mandolins, and dobros; Josh Grange on pedal steel; Fred Elrtingham on drums; Grammy winner Glenn Worff and Motown-influenced Aden Bubeck on bass (both upright and electric); David Henry on cello and strings; and John Henry Trinko on organ and piano.
Presley will tour behind the album. "Playing live is the ultimate connection for a songwriter," she said, "you get to see firsthand how your songs affect someone and I love it." Presley recently announced several Indigo Girls dates and will soon reveal fall tour plans.
American Middle Class releases October 14 on Slate Creek Records.
Songs/writers on the CD are:
1. Ain't No Man Presley
2. All I Ever Wanted Presley
3. Grocery Store Presley/Lori McKenna
4. American Middle Class Presley
5. Dry County Blues Presley/Mark D. Sanders
6. Pain Pills Presley
7. Life Of The Party Presley/Matraca Berg
8. Knocked Up Presley/Mark D. Sanders
9. Better Off Red Presley
10. Drunk Presley/Sarah Siskind
11. Blessing And A Curse Presley/Bob DiPiero
12. Surrender Presley/Luke Laird/Barry Dean